Columbia Physical Education and Recreation Program Changes:
- Spring 2021 Club Sports programming will continue to be held virtually only. To become a member and participate in virtual activities, register with that Club Sport. We will continue to update the status the Club Sports programming as the Spring 2021 term proceeds
- Virtual Personal Training session available
- Virtual Group Fitness classes (fee-based)
- Free Virtual Well-Being classes
- Spring 2021 Intramural Sports Programming will be virtual.
- Check out imleagues.com for a full list of offerings and to register for all programming.
- Spring and Summer semester courses will be conducted virtually
- The swim test requirement has been waived for those students who will have degrees conferred in April, May, and June of 2021.
- Dodge Fitness Center to all enrolled Columbia, Barnard, and TC students residing on and off-campus. We will continue to monitor the safety of our students with the intention to eventually allow access to faculty and staff, alumni and affiliates through a limited and phased approach.
- We’re limiting the amount of members per session beneath the 33% threshold, or in accordance with NYS restrictions by zone.
- In compliance with NYS and NYC guidelines, certain areas of Dodge Fitness Center will not be available. Other spaces have been refitted for other activities.
- Reservation is required prior to your visit.
- Summer 2021 Building Hours: Monday-Friday: 6am-10pm and Saturday-Sunday: 8am-7:30pm.
In prioritizing well-being for members of the Dodge Fitness Center and Columbia Community, please review the steps below to help prevent any respiratory illness, including COVID-19:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing - do not use your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, including equipment and mats, using the cleaning spray provided before and after use.
- Wear a face covering and abide by physical distancing.
- Avoid sharing food and drink.
We are working with University Facilities to increase the frequency of disinfecting high contact areas.
Please visit the Columbia University webpage for more information on COVID-19 and its effect on our campus community.