Key to New York City
Key to New York City requires members of indoor fitness centers, including Dodge Fitness Center (DFC), that are ages 5 to 12 are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and people 12 and older must show proof of two doses (except for Johnson & Johnson recipients)
All members looking to access DFC for recreational purposes on or after September 13, 2021, will need to present one of the following proofs of vaccination:
- CDC Vaccination Card. A digital photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable.
- NYC Vaccination Record or other official immunization record, including from your health care provider. A digital photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable. If you are unable to get this record, call 311.
- NYC COVID Safe App: Android | iOS. You can upload to this app a photo of your CDC vaccination card or other official record, along with your photo ID.
- CLEAR Health Pass: Android | iOS. You can use the digital vaccine card option in the CLEAR app if you are 18 and older and are fully vaccinated.
- Excelsior Pass (or Excelsior Pass Plus). To use this app, you will need the phone number or email address associated with your New York vaccination record. If you are unable to use this app, try one of the other options listed above.
Please remember that in addition to your proof of vaccination, members will be required to have their CUID, and wear a mask in the facility throughout their visit, including during their workout. The only exception to University mask policy is when actively swimming in Uris Natatorium.
Members will have the opportunity to either show proof of vaccination at every visit or utilize a “Pre-Check” option and only show proof of vaccination once to have their status updated on their CUID. To sign up for the "Pre-Check" option, please visit our Membership Office during their operating hours.
For members who cannot show proof of vaccination, please email [email protected] to learn about alternate Columbia Recreation options outside of the DFC in Wellbeing, Intramurals, Group Fitness, Personal Training, and Club Sports.
To learn more about the Key to NYC program, please visit