All classes will meet for the first week of PHED at the scheduled class time for orientation. See your Courseworks page for more information. See a list of courses and locations here.
Physical Education Courses begin the week of:
January 23 - 27
Hiking – Zoom orientation will be held this weekend, January 28 - 29. Zoom link can be found in Courseworks
Mindful Walking – Will begin on April 7
Beginner and Intermediate Sailing – Will begin on March 4
- Columbia College and SEAS students can register during their appointed registration times online on SSOL.
- Wait List students: you can attend class the first week of PHED classes listed above if you hope to enroll.
- General Studies students: GS students must receive approval from both the instructor and the Director of Physical Education to register for the course, and are only enrolled as space is available. GS students may attend the first two class meetings to determine if there is space available. Generally, GS students are not able to formally enroll until the second or third week of classes (if at all).
- Barnard students: Barnard students must receive approval from both the instructor and the Director of Physical Education to register for the course, and are only enrolled as space is available. Barnard students may attend the first two class meetings to determine if there is space available.
- Graduate students: Not eligible to register for PHED courses. However, Graduate students can participate in Intramurals, Club Sports, and Group Fitness.
- Please follow this link to view Instructor and Course Location info (must be logged onto Lionmail to view).
- Students who are participating on an intercollegiate team should register on SSOL for the appropriate team section of Physical Education C1005—Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Athletes who register correctly and participate on a team receive a Pass; those who drop off a team in mid-term and still want academic credit must notify the Physical Education Office and be placed in an activity to complete the attendance requirement. Otherwise, the student must officially drop Intercollegiate Athletics or receive W or UW for a grade.